If you’re looking for an easy dinner that can be whipped up in 20 minutes, try this creamy, cheesy ricotta pasta with beef – AKA homemade rigatoni beef!
Ricotta Pasta with Beef
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! I enjoyed our first Christmas as a married couple.
I made traditional Mexican tamales all on my own for the first time – a lot of work, but worth the results!
After everything that goes into the holiday preparations, I need a little cooking break while I think about what to make for the New Year’s feast.
Enter: ricotta pasta with beef (homemade rigatoni beef).
When my husband proposed to me, he made a romantic dinner from scratch, complete with Beef and Cheese Manicotti.
Since he’s not the recipe-following type of cook, it was special indeed.
We still make that manicotti for special occasions, but on a regular night when we want dinner fast, I whip up this skillet ricotta pasta with beef which is very similar.
It only takes 20 minutes to make, and it’s almost a one-pan meal, but the pasta is boiled separately.
I also like to throw in whatever leftover vegetables I have on hand – spinach, carrots, etc.
Not only is it a great way to clean out the fridge, but a tasty way to sneak in more veggies.
Give me all the ricotta cheese pasta recipes because this cheese is magical!
This pasta is creamy and cheesy without being too rich.
If you like extra cheese, feel free to throw in some shredded mozzarella.
I reserve some of the ricotta to melt on top for a pop of cheesy flavor.
I like to use hearty rigatoni pasta in this recipe, but any noodle will do!
Side note: ricotta is not just for savory recipes, it’s great in desserts too!
PIN THIS TO YOUR DINNER BOARD!
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jar (24 ounces) of marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (reserve a few teaspoons for topping, if desired)
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Boil pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Brown beef and onion over medium high heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain grease if necessary. Season meat with salt, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in pasta sauce and ricotta cheese. Bring to simmer, add pasta and combine thoroughly. Top with reserved ricotta cheese (if desired) and serve with grated parmesan cheese.