Pudding in the mix means these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pudding Cookies stay extra soft and chewy while slightly crisp around the edges! Delicious with chocolate chips, raisins, nuts or cranberries!
I think cookies are my favorite thing to bake. Have you ever met someone who didn’t like cookies? They are such happy little fellows that come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and flavors. Some of my most favorite cookies are baked with pudding in the mix. It’s the secret to keeping them extra soft and chewy!
This recipe comes from my dad with one big change: I substituted a combination of dark and milk chocolate chips instead of raisins. It’s a personal choice, but I dislike shriveled fruit. Unless it’s cranberries! Which would be great in these cookies. Also, my dad wouldn’t dream of making cookies without walnuts, but I leave that decision up to you. I do, however, recommend with a glass of milk. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (3.4oz) vanilla pudding mix (not "Cook & Serve")
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix in pudding, flour and baking soda until well combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop into 2-inch balls and bake for 10 minutes at 375F.