Smoked Salmon Appetizer Dip is rich, creamy, smoky and easy! The best way to get the most bang for your smoked salmon buck is with a crowd pleasing dip served with bagel chips or veggies!
Smoked Salmon Appetizer Dip
Smoked salmon is one of my favorite foods – right up there with potatoes and bacon. (Yes, my favorite food is potatoes! Boil ’em, mash ’em, stick ’em in a stew…)
I enjoy my smoked salmon with cream cheese on bagels or straight out of the vacuum sealed package!
I love the rich, smoky flavor combined with the melt-in-your-mouth buttery texture.
The only downside is that it can be somewhat expensive. That’s where this dip comes in.
You get all the flavor of a smoked salmon appetizer, but it goes even further! Plus, it’s fancy enough for a party like the Oscars, yet simple enough for some gameday eats.
Like my favorite Dill Dip, it can be made well in advance and the flavors will only improve.
I like to serve this with bagel chips, since lox and bagels are a classic combo, but it would also do well with a platter of vegetables for dipping.
I also thought about mixing leftover dip with some pasta (linguine would be good!) for a quick, delicious dinner, but that would mean there has to be dip leftover…
Bonus: this salmon spread is made with one of my other most favorite ingredients in the world: horseradish.
Seriously, I looove the stuff. For some, the flavor can be quite spicy (I like a good sinus cleanse), so adjust the level based on your heat tolerance.
If creamy, spicy dips light your fire, check out my Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip as well. It’s like a jalapeño popper in dip form!
Pin this easy salmon dip to your appetizer board!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream, mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-3 teaspoons prepared horseradish (more or less depending on spice level)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- Dill, minced red onion or lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- Bagel chips or vegetables for dipping
- Place all of the ingredients (except garnish) in a food processor or high powered blender and mix until smooth.
- If you would like flakes of salmon throughout your dip, process all of the ingredients except for the salmon. After blending, add salmon and pulse until desired texture is reached.
- Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with dill, minced onion or lemon wedges and serve with bagel chips or veggies.
Recipe adapted from The Cook’s Illustrated Cookbook