This post first appeared on Eazy Peazy Mealz as a guest contribution.
Your favorite pasta dish gets a makeover with this creamy Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip with cream cheese, mozzarella, chicken and spice. Only five ingredients in this super cheesy dip with a creole kick!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip
My husband loves fettucine chicken Alfredo, I love dips and we both love food with a spicy kick. So I decided to combine all those elements and thus this Cajun chicken Alfredo dip was born!
It’s creamy from the Alfredo sauce, hearty thanks to the chicken and, of course, gooey from plenty of cheese. Plus, it couldn’t be easier since I used a jar of premade Alfredo sauce and leftover chicken, which I chopped up. Depending on your family’s palette, you can adjust the Cajun seasoning to be more or less spicy.
I love dips all the time, but especially at this time of year. By “this time of year” I mean football season! There’s nothing more fun than gathering with the family to watch a game and share a meal. Or a plethora of appetizers.
For truly special occasions, stuffed potato croquettes dipped in a rocking mayo-ketchup sauce are the ultimate appetizer. Even if your team loses, you still walk away a winner with a full belly.
This Cajun chicken Alfredo dip is particularly good since it tastes wonderful with veggies. My other favorite dips are really made for tortilla chips. Bell peppers and Alfredo sauce on the other hand are a match made in heaven. They won’t eliminate the calories from all the cheeses, but at least you’ll get some nutrients along the way!
There are several ways this can be served. Personally, I think my mini cast iron pans are the cutest so I use them every chance I get! However, a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish or pie pan will work as well.
You can even make this in a slow cooker – on high for 1 1/2-2 hours or low for 3-4 hours. As long as everything is melted together, this dish is a winner!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Vegetables and crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella, Alfredo sauce and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Taste and add more Cajun seasoning if desired.
- Spread into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with vegetables and crackers for dipping.