Sweet and tangy crock pot cranberry meatballs with chili sauce is a festive appetizer recipe to get your party started! Only three ingredients so they couldn’t be easier. Plus, they can pull double duty as a dinner everyone will want more of!
Crock Pot Cranberry Meatballs
These crock pot cranberry meatballs are my husband’s new favorite recipe! I can’t blame him because they are SO YUMMY and SO EASY to make! All you need are 3 simple ingredients and you’ve got yourself a stellar appetizer or dinner.
All you need is a can of cranberry sauce, a bottle of chili sauce (which you can find near the ketchup) and some frozen meatballs. Throw it all together and let the crock pot do the work!
You can also make these on the stove and they only take about 15 minutes until they’re done. Serve immediately or transfer to your slow cooker to keep warm.
I love how the meatballs get nice and glazed. They’re sweet and tart from the cranberry sauce. Plus, the zesty chili sauce adds so much flavor.
I like to jazz mine up a little with some cayenne powder for extra heat and I throw in fresh cranberries too, if I have them on hand. It makes the sauce a little more tart, which I like.
These are an awesome appetizer to serve during the holidays (Christmas, New Year’s, etc.) or to make for game day. Promise everyone will gobble them up!
If by chance you have leftovers (you might want to make extra), they make a tasty dinner as well. Serve over white rice with a steamed vegetable like broccoli. The sauce is sooo finger-lickin’ good! Top with sliced green onions and you’ve got yourself a proper meal.
We love appetizers around here and especially enjoy eating them as a meal all on their own. You can check out all my appetizer recipes here. Some favorite include dad’s cheesy sausage and spinach bread dipped in ranch or mom’s easy broiled crab dip sliders.
Pin this to your appetizer board!
- 1 can (14 oz) cranberry sauce (jellied or whole berry)
- 1 bottle (12 oz) chili sauce
- 2 pounds fully-cooked frozen meatballs
- Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (optional)
- Sliced green onion, for garnish (optional)
- In a slow cooker, whisk together cranberry sauce and chili sauce. If using, add optional cayenne pepper for spice, and fresh cranberries for extra tartness. Add meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- In a large pot, combine the sauces. Add meatballs and stir to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.