Blueberry Delight – a (nearly) no-bake blueberry layered dessert sure to delight everyone who tries it! Blueberry cheesecake meets blueberry fluff in this light one-pan dessert with a graham cracker pecan crust.
Blueberry Delight Recipe
Cookout season has officially started! Barbecues are one of my favorite gatherings whether it’s a backyard BBQ or beach BBQ.
They’re as fun and breezy as summertime. Part of the reason is because everyone just brings a dish to pass so you get a feast without all the work!
I always like to have a go-to savory recipe like Tuna Pasta Salad and a dessert recipe like this Blueberry Delight with graham cracker crust.
It’s almost no-bake, but the crust needs about 5 minutes in the oven to set up. It’s a graham cracker-pecan crust and I promise the toasty, nutty flavor is worth it!
UPDATE: some people say they don’t bake their crusts in the summer and it comes out fine!
If needed, you can leave out the nuts and use all graham crackers. You can even substitute another cookie for the crust such as vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies.
It’s a very versatile dessert! Just be sure to let the crust cool completely before adding the next layer.
The middle layer is cream cheese based. Think no-bake cheesecake, but even fluffier. If you love the rich flavor of cheesecake, try my No-Bake Pineapple Cheesecake Bars instead.
This blueberry delight has a very light texture and flavor, which lets the blueberries and toasty crust shine.
Use well-softened cream cheese so it will blend smoothly with the whipped topping.
Homemade whipped cream will work as well if you prefer not to use cool whip. You’ll need about 3 cups whipped (approximately 1.5 cups of cream).
The third layer is simply blueberry pie filling (how easy is that!). Of course, you can use any flavor pie filling you like.
It won’t be blueberry delight, but cherry or even lemon would be amazing!
Lastly, it’s topped off with a layer or whipped topping (or homemade whipped cream).
I also like to add chopped pecans for extra crunch and to highlight the delicious crust.
Let it all chill and you have a blueberry layered dessert for all your summer parties!
What do you call this dessert? Blueberry Delight? Blueberry Lush or Blueberry Yum Yum?
PIN THIS TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD!
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (9 crackers)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, well softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tubs (8oz each) whipped topping, divided
- 2 cans (21oz each) blueberry pie filling
- Chopped pecans, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor, blend the graham crackers and pecans until finely chopped. Stir in butter and sugar until well combined and press into the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Bake for 8 minutes and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Using 1 container of whipped topping, beat in about 1 cup so there are no lumps. Fold in the remaining whipped topping from the container and spread the cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Add the blueberry pie filling in an even layer. Top with remaining container of whipped topping. Garnish with chopped pecans if desired. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
This recipe first appeared on Amanda’s Cookin’ as a guest post by Kitchen Gidget!