I originally intended to make Toffee Chip Cookies à la my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe CCC 2, but I wanted something quicker than chilling dough and rolling it into balls. So I turned to my tried and true recipe for blondies and made some alterations for a denser texture and more toffee-like flavor.
The end result is a delicious contrast between soft and chewy with that buttery, caramelized toffee crunch. I’m beginning to think toffee is a lot like bacon–desserts just taste better with it!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (I used dark)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour (I used half white, half whole wheat)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup toffee chips, plus more for topping (I used Heath Bits ‘O Brickle)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips