I wasn’t sure I would like these when I first tried them, but they’ve been on my Pinterest board for a while and it’s one of my goals to actually make the recipes I’ve saved for later. It turned out to be one of the best recipes I’ve tasted in a while! The ingredients are a match made in heaven and so easy to put together. You’re supposed to chill the rolls for at least 4 hours, but if you’re like me, that means sticking it in the refrigerator for 5 seconds before deciding to go ahead and just dig in.
I also put together a quick rice vinegar dipping sauce to balance the rich fats of the salmon, cheese and avocado, but the crisp, fresh cucumber alone is enough to offset the buttery-ness. I’m making up words here I know, but there’s no other way to describe the creamy, melt-in-your-mouth texture with that touch of smoke. Suffice it to say, with or without the sauce these pinwheels are amazing!
Salmon Avocado Spirals
Ingredients for the spirals:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 heaping teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Combine the the cream cheese and avocado until creamy. Lay out salmon slices to form a rectangle, overlapping slightly.
- Spread with cream cheese mixture and roll up from the wide end. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, cover with plastic wrap and chill roll for at least 4 hours.
- Slice roll into 1-inch thick rounds and serve immediately on slices of cucumber with dipping sauce, if desired.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Serve with the salmon spirals.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is an estimate only. Please consult the labels of ingredients you use for more accurate results.