I like it hot. If you don’t like things hot, this is probably not the recipe for you.
Feel free to make adjustments, but sriracha is the star of this show.
Next time I’ll add some veggies, maybe snow peas, and make it a complete meal.
I also forgot I was going to top it off with some green onions I had on hand, but it was delicious without them.
If you’re really not a fan of super spicy, you can use less hot sauce and more lime, otherwise just enjoy the natural sinus cleanse. 🙂
I also had to include this picture of last summer’s honey harvest and the extraction process since I used homegrown honey in this recipe! 🙂
Be sure to subscribe by email or like my Facebook page so you don’t miss any recipes!
Coming up next is an easy, creamy dessert to cool down those taste buds.
Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped (about 3 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sriracha sauce
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic and sauté until pink, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine honey, sriracha and lime juice. Add to shrimp, stirring to coat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Serve over rice with wedges of lime.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 1551mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 18g
Nutritional information provided is an estimate only. Please consult the labels of ingredients you use for more accurate results.
If you like things spicy, check out these healthy Peppers stuffed w/Tuna & Quinoa: