Oreo Cake – also called Oreo Delight or Chocolate Dessert Lasagna. It’s a no-bake dessert with creamy layers of vanillia pudding, cream cheese and cool whip!
This is my family’s most favorite dessert! It’s sooo popular and a guaranteed hit with guests. Plus, it’s really easy to make (and take)!
In our house this dessert is known as Oreo Cake.
It’s really not a cake at all, but creamy layers of whipped cream, cream cheese and pudding on an Oreo crust.
It’s sometimes called Dessert Lasagna or Oreo Delight.
This version is different from all the others because it’s made with vanilla instead of chocolate pudding.
Now I am a total chocolate lover, but I swear it’s better with vanilla!
We started calling it Oreo Cake because in my family it was often requested in lieu of birthday cake.
Beware of using birthday candles on it though – the Oreo crumbs can get everywhere when blowing them out!
I speak from past experience. 😀 Mom actually had to get out the vacuum it was so bad.
Luckily, not many people get upset with being covered in Oreos for some reason.
So that’s why we call it Oreo Cake. The original name has long been forgotten, but this recipe continues to be the hit of every party.
Just last week Dad brought one to a graduation party and the graduate didn’t even get a slice it disappeared so fast!
Can’t blame them though, it’s so good you just want to dig in!
Luckily, Oreo Cake is a breeze to put together. File this one under “family favorites” or “desserts that disappear fast.”
Update: we love no-bake dessert recipes so much that I’ve since created some tasty variations. Be sure to check them all out!
My current favorite right now is this Mint Chocolate Lasagna–it’s to die for!
When the cool weather hits, we turn to this pumpkin oreo dessert. If you’ve never had pumpkin and chocolate together, you’re in for a big treat!
pin this to your dessert board!
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Oreos, divided
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) vanilla pudding mix (not cook & serve)
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tub (8 ounces) whipped topping, thawed
- Separate 10 cookies, crush or chop and set aside.
- Crush the remaining cookies into fine crumbs and combine with the melted butter. Firmly press into a 13×9-inch pan. Set aside to cool.
- With a stand or hand mixer, blend the pudding mix, milk and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Pour onto prepared crust.
- Next add a layer of whipped topping. Top with reserved crushed cookies. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g