In keeping with the summer theme, these Strawberry Limeade Tarts are perfect and so refreshing! Plus, they’re just so pretty! It starts with a tart shell, filled with tangy lime curd and topped with fresh, sweet strawberries. I’ve made these with numerous variations–mini vs. large, regular limes vs. key limes and pie crust vs. tart dough.
When it comes to size I usually make one large 12-inch tart, but this time I did six 4-inch mini tarts. It’s whatever you fancy. The type of limes is completely based on your preference and taste as well. Key limes have a more distinct flavor, but they can be a pain to juice since they’re so small. I decided buying store bought pie crust is easiest, but you may also buy pre-made tart shells if you can find them, or make your favorite from-scratch tart crust. If you decide to use a pie crust as the base, do not fill it until just before serving or the crust will become soggy. The filling can be made 5-7 days in advance.
Strawberry Limeade Tarts
Pictured below: A large Strawberry Limeade Tart I made 3 years ago. I went strawberry picking and the strawberries were so cute and petite that I left them whole!
- Inspire Me Wednesday @ Seven Thirty Three
- Link Party Palooza @ Tatertots & Jello
- Best of the Weekend @ Little Miss Celebration
- Time to Sparkle @ Inside BruCrew Life
- Tasty Tuesdays @ Anyonita Nibbles
- inspiration² @ Live Laugh Rowe
- Creative Collection @ Lolly Jane
- Saturday Night Fever @ The Weary Chef
- Show Stopper Saturday @ Will Cook for Smiles