Bacon Fried Rice is slightly sweet and smokey. Add a fried egg on top for a quick meal you can eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Easy to make with leftover rice and ingredients you most likely have on hand!
Bacon Fried Rice Recipe
Sometimes I cook something that impresses myself. This quick and easy bacon fried rice is one of those recipes.
I was gobbling it up before I could even get it in the bowl to take a picture! It is that good!!! As soon as I snapped a few shots I drizzled with sriracha sauce and dug in.
I recently had fried rice with bacon and eggs at a local pub and thought, this seems easy, I should try making this at home. I have to say my version turned out 10x better!
Don’t worry about following the recipe word for word. I originally wanted to use oyster sauce as a seasoning, but I didn’t have any on hand. Turned out scrumptious with eel sauce.
I usually cook with yellow or Spanish onions, but all I had was a Vidalia onion and the sweetness complimented the bacon perfectly. It almost tasted like eating BBQ pork fried rice!
If you don’t have sesame oil, leave it out and it will still be good. Have some vegetables you want to add? Go for it.
Fried rice is a great canvas recipe. Just make sure you use leftover rice, or at least rice that has been chilled completely after cooking, otherwise it will turn out mushy.
If you’re looking for more quick and easy meals, check out my Sardine Rice Bowl and don’t be scared away by the word “sardine!” I promise it’s tasty!
Another favorite is Papas con Huevos (potato and egg tacos). They basically consist of three ingredients and they melt in your mouth!
Pin this to your dinner board!
- 3 slices of bacon
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of cooked rice, chilled
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce (or eel sauce)
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Sesame oil for drizzling, to taste
- 1 large egg, fried
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Fry bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Chop into bits and set aside.
- Using the same pan, remove some of the bacon grease (if necessary) so you have about 3 tablespoons left in the pan.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer. Add bacon rice, soy sauce, oyster sauce and black pepper. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, top with fried egg and scallions.