Hot, creamy crab dip, broiled until golden and bubbly! Serve this easy crab dip appetizer on mini buns or with crackers for scooping.
Today I’m sharing another of my most favorite appetizers. With all the holiday functions and parties through Christmas and the holidays (and the Super Bowl!), it’s good to have some tried and true crowd-pleasing appetizers in your recipe arsenal. This easy crap dip appetizer is one we always served on New Years Eve.
First of all, you can’t go wrong with cheese, especially cream cheese. It’s creamy, gooey, melty, bubbly…enough said! This dip is seasoned with savory Worcestershire sauce and garlic for bold depth of flavor which balances perfectly with the delicate, sweet crab meat. We’ve always used canned white crab, but if you’re in an area with access to fresh crab, by all means go for the gold! But there are never any leftovers even with the canned crab meat. 🙂
When you’re in charge of cooking a lot of food, the keyword “easy” is paramount. This recipe takes all of ten minutes to make, and it can also be made ahead and warmed at the last second. It’s a 5 ingredient dip/spread that we love to serve on small split buns. Slider buns or leftover dinner rolls work great! If spreading on rolls is a step too much, place all of the crap dip in a shallow baking dish, broil for a few minutes until bubbly and serve with crackers, bagel chips or even vegetables for dipping.
Easy Crab Dip Appetizer
- 1 brick (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) butter, softened
- 6 oz crab meat, fresh or canned
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika, for garnish
- 1 dozen rolls or crackers for serving
For crab buns:
- Split mini rolls in half and spread with crab dip. Sprinkle with paprika and broil until golden and bubbly, about 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
For crab dip:
- Transfer dip to a shallow baking dish, sprinkle with paprika and broil until golden and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Serve with crackers for dipping.
P.S. Homemade Dill Dip is one of my other all-time favorite appetizers!