With ingredients you probably already have on hand, these quick, creamy chicken tacos with peppers and onions can be thrown together in just 15 minutes for an easy dinner.
I have a really quick recipe I’m sharing with you today that you and your family will love. I mean, who doesn’t love Tex-Mex? It’s just like chicken fajitas except they’re simmered in a creamy salsa. This is a recipe my mom used to throw together when I was a kid.
With readily available ingredients, it’s a super simple and quick dinner. It also holds up well to substitutions. For example, you can use up leftover, cooked chicken (or turkey!) if you have that on hand, sour cream instead of mayo, or Rotel instead of salsa. No tortillas on hand? Serve over rice like a Chipotle burrito bowl! (Or you can make my incredible flour tortillas from scratch!)
Enjoy…Christmas is almost here!!
Creamy Chicken Tacos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb of boneless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 large onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salsa or Rotel
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cheese and tortillas, for serving