Soft ginger lemon cookies filled with tangy cream cheese frosting are the perfect cookie for the season and a unique addition to any cookie platter! Plus, they start with a mix so they can be assembled in a flash!
Ginger Lemon Cookies Recipe
I love this time of year – I’m talking about the holidays! It’s such a sweet time of good cheer and spending time with loved ones.
Although I live very far from my family, I still cherish this time of year and the memories we’ve made. Making cookies with mom is one of my favorite traditions. Take a look around the site because I have lots of Christmas cookie recipes on here!
Part of the fun was mom’s inability to make certain cookies. Anything that involved rolling out dough turned into a hilarious disaster. One of those “Pinterest fail” moments before Pinterest even existed!
You don’t have to worry about snafus with Betty Crocker cookie mixes. They’re a cinch to put together with great results every time. Plus, there are so many flavors to choose from! The seasonal ones look really delicious!
Mom is a stickler for variety and it’s a rule I’ve found makes the best cookie platter or gift baskets. These ginger lemon cookies are definitely unique! I’ve been longing to make these ginger lemon cookies for quite some time now and they didn’t disappoint.
I absolutely love sandwich cookies. These ones are spiced with ginger, molasses and brown sugar. I added extra ginger powder since I love the zing. Bright, citrusy lemon cream cheese frosting is the perfect complement to the warm spices.
If you love sandiwich cookies as much as I do, be sure to check out my recipes for Red Velvet Cookies and Lemon Sandwich Cookies with cream cheese frosting. They start with a cake mix, but taste homemade!
If you need to whip up a last minute dessert or want to bake up some memories with your family, check out all the flavors available at Walmart! It’s convenient to have a few bags on hand for last minute guests, school parties, a cookie exchange, late night snacks and more!
Pin this to your Cookies board!
For the cookies:
- 1 package Betty Crocker Molasses Cookies
- Ingredients listed on bag to prepare cookies
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
For the frosting:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1-2 cups powdered (confectioners/icing) sugar
- In a large bowl, add powdered ginger to cookie mix and prepare the cookies according to the package instructions.
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in lemon zest. Slowly incorporate powdered sugar, then whip until light and fluffy. Add additional powered sugar if too thin.
- Pipe or spread onto the bottom side of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies to form sandwiches.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 sandwich cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152