Veggie quesadilla loaded with fajita vegetables and melted cheese. This vegetarian quesadilla recipe is so tasty you won’t even miss the meat, but it can also be made with chicken or steak. Easy appetizer recipe or Meatless Monday meal!
Fajita Veggie Quesadilla
Today I have for you a fajita veggie quesadilla. They are so yummy I could probably eat them every day!
I’ve taken regular quesadillas which we all know and love – tortillas and cheese – and jazzed them up with fajita vegetables.
I love making a huge pan of fajita veggies and using them throughout the week.
Plus, they couldn’t be easier to make. Simply sauté sliced vegetables until they’re sizzling and a bit charred.
All the vegetables will be transformed into even deeper flavors. Season with salt, pepper and garlic to taste and you’re good to go!
There are so many ways you can use these sautéed vegetables, but one of my favorites is definitely in a fajita veggie quesadilla. They’re quick, easy and oh-so-tasty!
Usually I stick to the basics (bell peppers and onions), but my friend makes amazing fajitas using zucchini and mushrooms as well.
It’s a great way to add extra nutrients, especially for picky eaters. Try it with black beans as well!
But despite the fact that these are vegetarian quesadillas, everyone is going to love them and I suggest serving them on game day or as a party appetizer. They also make a filling lunch.
We don’t eat a lot of meat around here, but you can also add chicken or steak if you’d like more protein. I like to serve these with salsa and sour cream for dipping.
As far as the tortillas go, you can use flour or corn. Flour tortillas are more popular, but I also love the flavor of corn!
As for cheese, I always recommend shredding your own for the best flavor and most gooey melt. You can use whatever cheese you like.
I used a mix of Monterrey Jack and cheddar. Chihuahua cheese is also one of the best melting cheeses if you can find it.
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 Flour Tortillas, large
- Remove seeds from peppers and slice into thin strips.
- Peel onion and slice into thin slices.
- In a large pan, heat oil and butter until melted.
- Add vegetables and cook over high heat, stirring frequently. Cook until vegetables are slightly softened and charred, about 5 minutes.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- To make the quesadillas, evenly divide cheeses among 4 tortillas.
- Top with fajita veggies and remaining 4 tortillas.
- Cook quesadillas in a hot frying pan or griddle, until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
Nutritional information provided is an estimate only. Please consult the labels of ingredients you use for more accurate results.
SAVE THIS PIN FOR LATER!