Cream of mushroom pork chops BAKED – tender juicy pork chops smothered in creamy mushroom gravy. Only 2 ingredients required for this super easy, delicious dinner!
Cream of mushroom pork chops BAKED
These baked boneless pork chops with cream of mushroom soup are smothered in sauce and deliciously tender.
I also have the instructions on how to cook them on the stove below if you prefer.
Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and a green vegetable for a complete meal!
This comfort food classic was a favorite dinner of my dad’s when I was growing up.
The house smells delicious as it’s cooking – everyone will come running when it’s time to eat!
The other thing I love about this dish is that it can be easily scaled to make a larger batch if needed or if leftovers are desired.
How to Make Tasty Pork Chops in the Oven
You can use either boneless pork chops or bone-in.
There are really only two ingredients for this meal: pork chops and a can of cream of mushroom soup.
Two ingredient dinners are lifesavers during the week! Pin my Mexican Pork Stew recipe for later – it only has pork and salsa for a tasty dinner in less than 30 minutes!
I do like to season the pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic for some extra flavor so technically that’s more than 2 ingredients.
You can also add extra mushrooms if that makes you happy.
For even more flavor (and some color), you may quickly brown the pork chops before baking.
If I’m perfectly honest I don’t always take this extra step when making this during the week and they still turn out well!
These smothered pork chops have plenty of flavor without that step and I don’t like to dirty extra pans.
Speaking of cooking methods, I usually bake these pork chops, but they can be cooked on the stovetop as well.
Cream of mushroom pork chops oven:
- Brown pork chops
- Place in baking dish and pour cream of mushroom on top
- Cover with foil and bake approximately 40 minutes.
Cream of mushroom pork chops stove:
- Brown pork chops
- Pour cream of mushroom on top
- Cover with lid and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
As you can see the stovetop method will save you 30 minutes in cook time.
I prefer to bake them anyways. It’s hands off for those 40 minutes and I can prep the remaining sides for the meal during that time.
Plus, during the winter I like to have my oven going to keep the house cozy!
If you like crispy pork chops, try these Puerto Rican Fried Pork Chops instead.
They’re crispy on the outside yet juicy with flavor on the inside!
- 4-6 pork chops (1 ½-2 lbs)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for browning
- In a large skillet, heat a couple tablespoons of oil over high heat.
- Season pork chops all over with salt, garlic and pepper to taste.
- Cook pork chops until browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add pork chops to oven safe dish.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup on top. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through and tender.
- Pour can of cream of mushroom soup on top of pork chops, cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes, or until pork is no longer raw.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 790mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 41g
Nutritional information provided is an estimate only. Please consult the labels of ingredients you use for more accurate results.