You’ve had buffalo chicken before, but have you ever had buffalo salmon? This easy salmon recipe has only 4 ingredients! With just the right amount of spice and a light, crispy topping this is sure to be a favorite!
Buffalo Salmon Recipe
This recipe is fire! 🔥🔥🔥 So easy and so GOOD.
You are going to love this baked buffalo salmon!
So much better than the ol’ salmon in lemon butter which gets old after a while.
I’ve been making this since I was in the dorms at college – that’s how easy it is!
There’s just something so addicting about the spice of buffalo sauce.
I also like to do fun stuff with it like this healthy buffalo chicken quinoa salad. Makes it easy to eat your veggies!
For someone who loves hot sauce, this buffalo salmon is not that spicy, but you could dip it in extra sauce for some more heat.
My husband likes to dip it in ranch or blue cheese dressing and I prefer it just as it is.
How to Make Buffalo Salmon
There are just 4 ingredients in this recipe (plus salt and pepper).
I like thicker, wild-caught salmon fillets for this recipe with the skin on. I used four 6-ounce pieces.
You could also use smaller portions or a whole side of salmon.
Use Franks Hot Sauce. It’s the best for buffalo sauce.
Or use your favorite and change up the flavor!
Melted butter is needed for both the buffalo sauce and the buttered breadcrumbs.
These are Japanese style breadcrumbs that are light and crunchy.
You can use regular plain breadcrumbs if it’s all you have.
Or leave them off for a low-carb, gluten-free version.
Leftovers taste great the next day, but the topping will no longer crisp. I still eat it anyway!
Serve this buffalo salmon with a green vegetable and you’ve got yourself a fine meal in just 20 minutes!
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons Franks Red hot sauce
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with nonstick oil.
- Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet, skin side down (if they have skin). Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter until well distributed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining melted butter and hot sauce. Brush the buffalo sauce on the salmon.
- Sprinkle each piece of salmon with a heaping tablespoon of buttered breadcrumbs in an even layer.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, or until salmon is just cooked.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 250Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g
Nutritional information provided is an estimate only. Please consult the labels of ingredients you use for more accurate results.