Sausage cream cheese dip only takes 3 ingredients to make your party a hit! Sausage, cream cheese and Rotel combine in this super hearty, satisfying dip.
It’s the perfect appetizer for the holidays, Super Bowl or any gathering.
This dip can be kept warm in a slow cooker, although it’s usually devoured pretty quickly!
We’re huge fans of cream cheese dips. If you haven’t already, check out our popular post on how to make buffalo chicken dip!
Sausage, cream cheese and rotel combine in this super hearty, satisfying dip.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. I prefer the scoop-able kind since it’s such a substantial dip.
And if you happen to have any leftovers, serve over biscuits for a yummy lunch or snack!
Sausage Dip ingredients:
- A tube of bulk pork sausage is the kind you want for this recipe. The type you would use for country sausage gravy and biscuits.
- If you want to make this dip spicier, go for the hot flavored sausage!
- One can of diced tomatoes and green chilies. Again, you can adjust the spice level by going spicier with the tomatoes.
- Cream cheese
- Be sure to cube the cream cheese or it will take forever to melt.
- Using 2 blocks of cream cheese will produce a thick, hearty dip like the one in the pictures.
- If you use just 1 brick it will be creamier like a queso dip.
- You can also thin the dip out by adding a touch of milk.
Sausage Cream Cheese Dip Variations
I absolutely love that this dip is as easy as 1-2-3, but there are some extras you can add if you want to take it up a notch!
- Cheese – sharp cheddar or Monterrey Jack would be phenomenal additions. Use freshly shredded and add up to one cup.
- Diced jalapeños – canned or fresh will add an extra spicy pop of flavor!
- Meat – some delicious substitutions include Mexican chorizo, leftover taco meat or meatless crumbles!
- Hot sauce – there are countless varieties, but our rotation consists of Tabasco, Valentina, Cholula and Frank’s. Add as much as you like!
This sausage cream cheese dip recipe first appeared on Food Fanatic where I write about all things cheese!