Cream cheese banana dessert – it’s like cheesecake and banana pudding in one! This luscious no bake dessert is easy to make with convenient ingredients.
No bake layered desserts are a must in the summer and incredibly popular at potlucks.
They’re like cheesecake, cream pie and pudding desserts all rolled into one epic dessert!
They go by so many names – Banana Lasagna, Banana Lush, Banana Delight – and now Banana Pudding Dessert.
This one starts with a graham cracker crust, a cream cheese layer, followed by bananas, vanilla pudding, and cool whip!
If you’d like a recipe for classic Homemade Banana Pudding with meringue fluff, I’ve got that too!
Banana Dessert Layers:
Crust – this crust is no-bake so you never have to turn on the oven. It just needs to chill in order to set.
If you like that toasted flavor, 7 minutes at 375°F will do the trick. Allow to cool completely before adding the next layer.
Instead of graham crackers, you can also use vanilla wafers, shortbread cookies or golden oreos.
Cream cheese – this cheesecake layer is sweetened with sugar and lightened up a tad with cool whip.
Bananas – the star of the show! You can cut them in slices, or slice them lengthwise for long layers.
Pudding – I prefer vanilla pudding for its custard flavor, but you can also use banana pudding if you wish, to increase the banana flavor.
You could even use chocolate for a chunky monkey flavor! Be sure to use instant pudding mix, not the cook and serve kind.
Cool whip – the final fluffy layer. Homemade whipped cream can be used, but I prefer the convenience and stability of cool whip.
Keep in mind after assembling that this dessert needs to chill for at least 4 hours in order to set up – so plan ahead.
Because of the bananas, this cannot be prepared too far in advance since they start to oxidize and turn brown.
It doesn’t affect the flavor, but we eat with our eyes first, as they say. Watch everyone’s eyes light up when this banana dessert is served!
For the crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 15 crackers)
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 12 oz whipped topping, divided
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- In a large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar until moistened. Press firmly into 13x9 pan and refrigerate while preparing next layer.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread over graham cracker crust.
- Top with sliced bananas and refrigerate while preparing next layer.
- In a large bowl whisk together pudding mix and milk for two minutes. Pour over bananas. Top with remaining 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until set, preferably longer. Garnish with banana slices and/or graham cracker crumbs before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 273Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g