Dinner is ready in 30 minutes with this easy baked cranberry chicken! Featuring a sweet and sour combination of cranberry and pineapple – you’ll want to lick every drop of this luscious sauce!
This chicken with cranberry sauce is one of my favorite easy dinners! No dry chicken here!
Just 5 ingredients and dinner is done. Serve over rice with a side of vegetables for a complete meal.
Baked dinners are great because it takes just a few minutes to prep the ingredients and the oven takes care of the rest.
Cranberry Chicken Ingredients:
Chicken breasts – I prefer to use the thin cut breasts.
I’m also a huge fan of chicken tenders. They cook up quick and tender!
If you decide to use regular chicken breasts or even thighs, just keep in mind that the cook time will be longer, about 40-50 minutes depending on thickness.
Cranberry sauce – I use whole berry sauce, but jellied sauce will also work.
Crushed pineapple – adds a touch of sweetness and acidity. Be sure to use a small can or you’ll have pineapple chicken instead!
French dressing – you can also use Catalina dressing if you prefer. I often use these interchangeably in recipes like Taco Pasta Salad since they have a similar flavor profile.
Onion soup mix – the secret ingredient that adds tons of flavor to the sauce!
If you don’t have onion soup mix on hand you can try substituting dried minced onion along with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Cranberry Chicken Recipe
As mentioned before, this is super easy to make. Simply combine all the ingredients and let the oven work its magic.
I like to start my rice cooker when the cranberry chicken casserole goes into the oven so they’re ready at the same time.
Full directions are listed below. Let us know in the comments how you like to serve this dish!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 10oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup French or Catalina dressing
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 13x9 baking dishes or one large roasting pan; set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in prepared dishes; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cranberry sauce, pineapple, dressing and soup mix. Divide evenly and pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. For a thicker, stickier sauce do not cover foil when baking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 859mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 36g
Nutritional information provided is an estimate only. Please consult the labels of ingredients you use for more accurate results.