This hot, cheesy pizza dip features a cream cheese base along with lots of mozzarella and parmesan. Add all your favorite pizza toppings and you have an appetizer that’s sure to be a winner!
Pizza Dip Recipe
This pizza dip has been a family favorite since we first tried it at a friend’s birthday party nearly 20 years ago. It’s so quick and easy to prepare and tastes just like pizza in dip-able form!
There’s no crust to fuss with, so even kids can make this with little assistance. Plus, it can be warmed in either the oven or the microwave.
To make things even easier, you can prepare this the day before and simply rewarm before serving.
I adore making hot, bubbly dips in my cast iron pan, but be sure to use a microwave-safe dish if going that route.
I prepared mine in the microwave since it’s still too hot here to turn on the oven!
Why limit pizza to a crust when there are so many delicious options?
Speaking of options, the toppings are up to your imagination. Whatever you like to eat on your pizza you can use here—crumbled sausage, mushrooms, pineapple, etc.
This is such a fun party appetizer or football snack.
One of my favorite things about football season is that every Sunday is like a party and I LOVE appetizers, especially the ones with cheese.
I like to serve this pizza dip with sliced baguette (oven toasted, if desired) or thin, crispy breadsticks.
You can also scoop with tortilla chips, crackers, pita chips or mini sweet peppers. My husband has even topped pasta with leftover dip and taken it to work for lunch!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 ounces Pepperoni, chopped or sliced
- Pizza Toppings, such as green pepper, olives, mushrooms, etc.
- Baguette, sliced for dipping, or breadsticks, chips, or crackers
- In an 8-inch round, microwave-safe pan, spread cream cheese in even layer. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Add pizza sauce in even layer, then top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with pepperoni along with additional favorite pizza toppings. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve with bread, chips or crackers for dipping.
Bake at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 817mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g
Nutritional information provided is an estimate only. Please consult the labels of ingredients you use for more accurate results.