Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Stuffed Cookies – soft and fudgy chocolate pudding cookies stuffed with peppermint swirled kisses and 5 types of chocolate to satisfy your cravings!
Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Stuffed Cookies
I hadn’t intended on posting anymore Christmas cookies this year, but these were too good not to share!
Two days ago I was hit with an intense chocolate craving (some of you know what that’s like) and decided to whip up a batch of my favorite chocolate pudding cookies.
I saw the bag of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses in the cabinet and decided to experiment. Magic!
After trying out various methods, I decided I like the kisses best inside the cookies. It makes them extra soft and gooey.
As for chocolate cravings, these cookies definitely satisfy. They have 5 different types of chocolate in them!
Cocoa powder, chocolate pudding mix, semi-sweet chips, dark chocolate chips and white chocolate.
Each one adds something different, but they all add up to one incredible chocolate cookie.
The creamy white chocolate kisses send them over the edge with those crunchy little peppermint bits inside.
They’re so addictingly good on their own, that’s why the bag was hidden in my cabinet! LOL.
Hubby and I ate my experiments while listening to classic Christmas music and opening an early Christmas present with each other. Sometimes it’s great being an adult!
I then decided these cookies needed to be shared so I baked another batch to take to my Community Group’s ugly sweater party and photographed the results for you!
By the way, the early Christmas present I unwrapped is in these photos. Can you guess? 🙂
pin these peppermint kiss cookies for later!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 18-20 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses, unwrapped
- Whisk together flour, chocolate pudding mix, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars, scraping down as necessary. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla, then stir in dry ingredients, just until combined. Add chocolate chips and mix.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, scoop out balls of dough about 2 tablespoons each. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- After chilling, press one unwrapped Candy Cane Kiss into cookie dough, covering completely with dough and smooth into a ball. Bake at 350F for 9-11 minutes. Cookies will look under-baked. Allow to cool on pan before transferring to a wire rack.
Dough adapted from Averie Cooks
Don’t miss out on any of my fabulous Christmas cookies! These beauties are only available to subscribers. Signup below.