Five-ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Magic Bars! Rich and fudgy one pan dessert with sweetened condensed milk, a graham cracker crust and lots of chocolate and peanut butter chips. These cookie bars disappear quickly – like magic!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Magic Bars
The recipe for these cookie bars came off a can of sweetened condensed milk and they were originally called “Welcome Home Chocolate Bars.”
While I can see how anyone would love to be welcomed home with these goodies, I thought the name was a little…nondescript.
Instead, I call them Chocolate Peanut Butter Magic Bars. They are very similar to Seven Layer Magic Bars, except there are only five ingredients. So I guess you could call them Five Layer Magic Bars.
Either way, I like them seven times better than Seven Layer Bars because these ones are all about the chocolate and peanut butter chips!
We’ve been making them for decades and they never disappoint.
P.S. If you love peanut butter chips, try these Peanut Butter Chip Blondies!
I love how easy these bars are to make! All the ingredients go straight into the baking pan, so there’s minimal cleanup.
Melt the butter in the dish while the oven is preheating. Add your graham cracker crumbs to form the crust.
Top with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and you’re done!
Bake until melted and gooey, or bake a little longer until golden and chewy. The choice is up to you.
The type of chocolate chips you use is your choice as well. Usually we use semi-sweet. This time I used a combination of bittersweet and dark chocolate and it was divine!
With the dark chocolate I was craving the addition of salt. Next time I’m adding a sprinkle of French sea salt after they’re done baking.
These bars would also be so good with a pretzel crust instead of graham crackers!
Let your imagination run wild. That’s what I love about these bars.
They’re so easy to throw together with ingredients you already have on hand. So go ahead and make them soon. Welcome home…
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 crackers)
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter in 13x9 baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, crush graham crackers if they are not already crumbs.
- Remove baking dish from oven and sprinkle crumbs over butter. Carefully press into an even layer. Pan will be hot!
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over crust, sprinkle with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Less cooked bars will be gooey, longer cooked bars will be golden and chewy.
- Remove from oven and cut into squares while still warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is an estimate only. Please consult the labels of ingredients you use for more accurate results.