Creamy Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Peppers – classic chicken alfredo is mixed with orzo pasta and mozzarella cheese, stuffed into bell peppers and baked to delicious gooey perfection! Easy enough for a weekday dinner yet fancy enough for that special meal.
I was so thrilled when Bertolli asked me to create a recipe using one of their sauces. Not just because they are a brand with over 150 years of authentic products that I use in my own kitchen, but also because I just purchased tickets to Italy! Yes, hubby and I will be taking a belated honeymoon where we will get a taste of Tuscany!
The Villa Bertolli where Francesco Bertolli began selling his goods still stands to this day – maybe I will catch a glimpse! Not everyone can travel to Italy, however, which is how Bertolli’s business grew.
Based on demand from immigrants who wanted real Italian products to cook with, he began shipping orders and became the first exporter of olive oil to America!
Food is such an integral part of Italian culture, with family and fellowship at the center. With that in mind, I’ve created an easy meal with only 5 ingredients to bring the family together for dinner.
Don’t let the simplicity fool you though, with quality but affordable ingredients, this meal is fancy enough for a special dinner (hint, hint: Valentine’s Day is coming up!).
I use orzo in this recipe which is a rice shaped pasta, but you can use any tiny shaped pasta you like. Mix it with creamy alfredo sauce, cooked chicken and a little mozzarella cheese.
Stuff into bell peppers (your choice of color) and bake with a little more mozzarella cheese.
Vegetarians can substitute mushrooms for the chicken or omit it altogether.
Finish it off by passing the pepper mill around the table before eating. Delizioso!
In celebration of 150 years, visit the Bertolli website where you can
grab a coupon for $1.50 off their pasta sauce, plus over 100 tips and recipes for creating your own Italian-inspired meal!
~ Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Peppers ~
- 4 large bell peppers
- 8 oz dried orzo
- 1 jar (15oz) Bertolli Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, finely shredded or diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Bring pasta water to boil and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, prepare peppers by slicing in half and cleaning out ribs and seeds. Place on baking sheet and roast for about 10-15 minutes. I like mine still on the crisp side.
- Cook orzo according to "al dente" package directions. Drain and return to pot along with the alfredo sauce, chicken and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine and heat until warmed through.
- Fill peppers with alfredo mixture, sprinkle each one with the remaining mozzarella cheese and return to oven. Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until melted and bubbly. Finish with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Bell peppers vary in size. Four large ones should be enough for the filling, but you might have to eyeball it!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 239