Chilled spaghetti salad with Italian dressing and a little mayonnaise. The zesty-creamy combo is the best of both worlds! This dish will be a hit at your next cookout or potluck!
Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing
I owe my love of good food and cooking to many friends and relatives. Growing up I got to taste food as varied as Polish Nut Roll to Puerto Rican Beans. Each recipe is a map of my history, a key to memories and tradition.
Whenever we have a party or gathering, there are special dishes that always make an appearance. They are our tried and true crowd-pleasers, among which is mom’s Sour Cream Dill Dip and Fiesta Bean Dip. Besides the family staples, I also look forward to the signature dishes others will bring.
This recipe for spaghetti salad with Italian dressing is based on a dish one of my aunts always brought to summer cookouts. It’s without a doubt my favorite salad and it’s so easy! I love pasta salads loaded with cheese and all manner of vegetables, but the simplicity of this salad is wonderful without sacrificing flavor.
Besides the short ingredient list, the highlight of this salad is the combination of Italian dressing and mayonnaise. Most pasta salads are loaded with mayo, or else they’re strictly oil and vinegar based. This recipe adds a touch of mayo to the zesty dressing for the perfect amount of creaminess.
The flavor is punched up with green onions and a little bell pepper for crunch. It looks just like the colors of the Italian flag! Of course, you can add whatever mix-ins you like to this basic recipe. Basil or chopped fresh parsley would be amazing without taking away from the simplicity.
Pin this recipe for next time you need to take a dish to pass! Can be made ahead and actually tastes better the next day. I even love eating a plate of this for a light lunch all on its own.
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 1 bottle (16 oz) Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced (about 1/2 a pepper)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (about 6 onions)
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package's al dente instructions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Toss Spaghetti with Italian dressing and chill in refrigerator. For best results, marinate overnight.
- After chilling, mix in the mayonnaise, bell pepper and green onion. Serve cold.
This event is being hosted by T.R. Crumbley of Gluten Free Crumbley
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement